Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. so I was in Wal-Mart a couple days ago and I decided to go browse their Betta section They had a female sorority and the females were SO unhealthy some were clinging to the filter about five were dead at the bottom and there was only about two in swimming condition! I was steamed the least they could do is put decor in and treat the sick fish and take out the dead ones! Ugh! I hate Wal-Mart!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love for our Wal-Mart to stop carrying Bettas it irks me that they only care about the Money! It just animal cruelty there should be a penalty for cruelty against fish! It's just so saddening....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does your walmart carry other kinds of fish as well as Betta? Our walmart used to have tanks and tanks and so many of the fish would be dead! It was the most awful thing to look at. They thankfully remodeled their sections and got rid of all their fish and sell none now. But they do still sell aquarium stuff thankfully

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Walmarts can be bad. Thankfully my walmart isn't to bad right now. They actually take care of their fish. I agree some walmarts should not have fish, but when a walmart is taking better care of them then some pet stores then I would rather walmart had them but ONLY if they care for them.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, My Wal-Mart dose carry other fish too..... But they are much healthier than the Bettas. It really sets me off.....

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
i just looked at the facebook page and they've got a pic of a betta and the comments under are interesting. some lady put the whole live in puddles thing i corrected her

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wal Mart should not sell fish period if they can't take care of them PROPERLY!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
One of the reasons I had to have my betta was because he was so feisty and precious in his cup at the pet store. My Wal-Mart stopped carrying fish several years ago, then carried them again for a short time, but no bettas at that point. I hated to leave any of the bettas in their cups at the pet store, but Swish...I guess I just couldn't leave without him! I actually left, very upset, but then I went back and bought him. I'm glad my Wal-Mart doesn't carry fish anymore, but I don't really know of any other stores with fish in my county...

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
My Walmart is also bad with their fish. They carry different types of Catfish, Goldfish, Feeder Fish, Algae Eaters and the male Betta's. I may have missed one or two types. All the tanks and cups with the Betta's are dirty, many of them are ill or dead. Its very noticeable. They just have no clue.

Your also right that some pets stores can be just as bad if not worse. Theres one by me where the fish tanks are clean, but extremely overloaded. The "closet room" for the mice,ferrets,gerbils,bunny's etc is extremely hot! The reptiles looked underweight/issues with shedding. My sister and I called animal control, they checked them, but they are still open. :( I refuse to go back there!

Those videos made me cry. :(

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i really want to go rescue at least one more betta. when i bought Swish there was a tiny thing behind him that i'm pretty sure was either dead or couldn't move. i felt so bad. I couldn't leave Swish, but I also couldn't look at all the other beauties who were trying so hard for my attention...;-;

·
Registered
117 Posts
I know, I would love too also! But, I have enough pets for now!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts