Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of adding fish to my 10 gal with my betta "Mr. Giggles" already living in it. I was wondering if there are any calm fish that could live with him. I know that he doesnt really like frantic fast swimming fish.

·
Registered
686 Posts
hrmm non fast fish, how about oto catfish? great algae cleaners and they can't swim too fast, they just do little jumps from place to place seeking food. Snails is an option, shrimp as well :D just anything that a betta wont confuse as another betta lik guppies and can live similar water conditions.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I would say oto catfish because they only get to about 2 inches long so you could get 2 or 3 for a 10gal. Cory catfish are usually fine too but they get to about 4 inches long so a 10gal is too small for them. All bettas are different though and their aggression levels may change over time so you never really can tell how they'll react. Snails are fine to get but I think most bettas will try and eat shrimp.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
ADF's are African Dwarf Frogs

Oto's are a small bottom feeder or catfish which tend to do well with betta's. They are also pretty damn cute too.

Oto

ADF

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've had good results with clown plecos, and white clouds also do well.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
White Clouds are temperate fish, not a good match with bettas who like tropical. Corydoras Catfish (most call them cories) or Otos are good. Many otos are wild caught and have a hard time getting used to generic food, but cories should be fine.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Feed oto's cucumbers a when first adding them. They LOVE that. As said oto's do die easily so you have to be careful when first getting them. Make sure all of them are healthy before you add them to the tank. As far as cories go only get pygmies for the 10 gallon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts