Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Housing:
How many gallons is your tank? 10
Does it have a filter? yes
Does it have a heater? yes
What temperature is your tank? 78 degrees F
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no, filter adds bubbles.
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? Salt and Pepper corydoras, multicolor snail, two assassin snails. He's cool with them.

Food:
What food brand do you use? A mix of Nat. geo, hikari floating pellets and top fin.
Do you feed flakes or pellets? pellets
Freeze-dried? no
How often do you feed your Betta? How much? Twice daily, six- nine pellets.

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? One-two times weekly.
What percentage of water did you change? 30%
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? vacuum
What additives do you use? Seachem Prime, Flourish, occasionally Stresscoat and Seachem Neutral Regulator to keep the PH at 7.0 The cory cats were purchased recently and were on Seachem Paraguard for two weeks as a preventative and as I saw some mild flashing.

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you.

Ph- no testing for it but I use Neutral Regulator so probably 7.0
Ammonia- usually comes out in testing as .05 I think it's just my water naturally.

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? It's been going on for some time.
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? Fins nipping, occasional red spots on the ends, MAJOR curling and generally messiness.
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? Not at all- he's happy, healthy and active.
Is your Betta still eating? yes
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? He was on Paraguard, said to help with fin rot. I'm guessing he's got major nipping problems.
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? Luc was in a tank he didn't like and got depressed. That's when the fin biting started.
How long have you owned your Betta? Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased? I've had him since spring/early summer. He's young, maybe six months, like a puppy. He was in EXCELLENT condition when I got him and well taken care of form the LFS.

He needs help. Would Indian Almond Leaves help? I have no way to get them. Not sure what to do. He's happy and not stressed out.
I enclosed a picture of him when he first came, and the others this morning. His fins are just so shredded these days.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.