Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my fishy Blur has a little bump on his eye that I never noticed before. Its not directly on his eyeball, but above it, like ... well do fishes have eyelids? if he HAD an eyelid thats where it would be lol. It doesn't seem to bother him, or affect his eye movement in any way. Its very small, but noticeable, and not discolored or swollen looking. What could this be?

*Will get pictures if I can... He's really fast and squirmy x.x

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Like...the part that goes around my boy's eye? That part is what I would consider the eye "lid" to be, it doesn't move like ours but it's does move with the eye ball, it's just part of the socket. Or is it something different?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! The "eyelid" then. Its not the eyelid itself thats the bump, but there's a protrusion on the eyelid thingy XD so hard to explain...fish eyes. Its small, smaller than his eyeball. Just thought I'd keep an eye on it just in case.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Okay, it might be a pigment build up. Is it the same color as the scales or is it white or pink?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the same color as his scales for the most part, sometimes it appears black but his head has a very dark/black-gray color to it right where the little bump is.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Mkay, so it may just be part of him or it could be a small pigment buildup. It shouldn't effect him much though but keep an eye on it. Could you still try for pictures though? You can try while he's eating and usually they stay still long enough to grab a few shots.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol I will try. It doesn't seem to bother him, or inhibit his eye movement in any way, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on it... hah! an eye... omg.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Ha ha! I see what you did there ;-)

:rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts