Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rosso has been on edge ever since I introduced some new tankmates for him. If I approach too fast or he hears any sudden "loud" noise, he'll bolt (don't worry, if this keeps up, there'll be an intervention).

I was watching him just a few minutes ago and I decided I would try to give him a pellet. I reached behind my laptop, my hand tipped a candle jar, made a little clinking noise, he swam out from under his temple and bolted towards the corner of his aquarium, somehow ending up nose-down in the polished pebbles. After noticing he wasn't moving or struggling, I stuck my hand in the aquarium and moved the gravel away from him. Thankfully, he is okay, but that was pretty scary.

-1 yr for owner's longevity

·
Registered
153 Posts
sheesh what a scaredy cat lol!! :p maybe he needs more places to hide!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He should have plenty of places to hide. He has several silk plants, a temple, and he also likes to hide behind his heater. How he ended up face down in the gravel is beyond me. I think he's starting to do a little better now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When I first got my blue veiltail, Abyss, he was so jumpy. I had to give him a lot of cover since he was on my desk, or he'd bolt and slam into the tank walls or gravel every time I moved unexpectedly.

Some are just nervous little buggers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts