Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
I have two new betta fish.. the last one i had i never really focused on but the new ones i have i take better care of then i thought i ever would.. they both are somewhat worrying me though.. the first one i got about 2 weeks ago(spaz) was almost dead.. his color has come back mostly but he starts to turn white sometimes.. and hes red.. i cant figure out why... well.. the other fish is neon blue (neon) and i got him a week ago.. he was completely blue for a few days but now he is partially brown and i dont like the looks of it... i know there is something wrong and i cant figure out what.. there in two separate tanks and i keeps the water clean and i keep them fed.. can anyone tell me if something is wrong with them? also i need to transport them 6 hours up to maine this summer and i really hope it wont be bad for them...
are they separate in 2gal+ tanks with heaters and places to hide?
color loss could be from stress.

my red one's chin turns white when he's stressed or if he wakes up after sleeping

·
Banned
137 Posts
okay that would make sence... but now i need to get heaters definetly.. :/ ive only rele been chaning the water to keep the water at a higher temperature.. aka over room temperature.. :/ there are still quite a few things i need to buy them..i got them for my birthday and it was a shock so i wasnt prepared... thank you for your advice..
make sure you get a heater with a thermostat. it doesnt matter if you get a higher wattage than what you need if it has a thermostat. just make sure it fits.

also there are 5 gal tank kits on amazon that are pretty cheap [and dont take up much surface area], you might want to upgrade to those for your fish. it's fun to decorate when you have a larger tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.