Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two new betta fish.. the last one i had i never really focused on but the new ones i have i take better care of then i thought i ever would.. they both are somewhat worrying me though.. the first one i got about 2 weeks ago(spaz) was almost dead.. his color has come back mostly but he starts to turn white sometimes.. and hes red.. i cant figure out why... well.. the other fish is neon blue (neon) and i got him a week ago.. he was completely blue for a few days but now he is partially brown and i dont like the looks of it... i know there is something wrong and i cant figure out what.. there in two separate tanks and i keeps the water clean and i keep them fed.. can anyone tell me if something is wrong with them? also i need to transport them 6 hours up to maine this summer and i really hope it wont be bad for them...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a small crowntail in a gallon tank and a bigger betta (both walmart fish) in a 1.5 gallon tank... (my last betta live 7 years in a gallon tank) they both have filters and the tanks are not heated but i change at least 25% of the water everyday and switch it with really warm water.. im saving up money to buy a bigger tank with a divider and a heater but money is tight atm.. both have a light over it and both have a place to hide.. and the bigger one(neon) digs into the rocks and the smaller fish(spaz) swims circles around the outer edge of the tank...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just cleaned the smaller fishes tank... and another weird thing for the smaller fish is he uses the current coming from the filter as some type of tredmil...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay that would make sence... but now i need to get heaters definetly.. :/ ive only rele been chaning the water to keep the water at a higher temperature.. aka over room temperature.. :/ there are still quite a few things i need to buy them..i got them for my birthday and it was a shock so i wasnt prepared... thank you for your advice..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.