Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13,386 Posts
color fading and stress stripes can be from: stress, water quality, and illness. If I am misunderstanding you please say so...you are not able to use tap water conditioner for every water change? That right there would be the main concern. I get my large bottle for 8.00, and it lasts me and my 12 bettas a month and a half.

How often are the water changes? per day? every two days? once a week?

· Registered
13,386 Posts
For water changes, I use a cup to scoop out some males. Others are difficult to hunt down with a net or cup so I just do 90% water change, with a gravel siphon to get all the poo and leave the betta in their bowl/tank. This way there is less stress, no moving, etc :) just a tip :)

· Registered
13,386 Posts
Well, like my Mister who was 7 before he passed... But my newer bettas are not as hardy. Bettas are given credit to being hardy, however, not all bettas are the same... I had Dusk who was really a drama mama, and could not handle simple water changes like most of my bettas.

However, I agree with the length of life doesn't matter...it's the quality in which they lived. My friend's golfish lived in a bowl for 10 years. How? NO IDEA. But was it truly happy with once a week cleaning, in a small space?

· Registered
13,386 Posts
No problem :) another tip for ya! Divided tanks are hard to do... I suggest tons of nice soft plants (fabric, gel, live) to completely cover the divider's sides so they do not freak out at each other 24/7 :lol: This will also help keep them safe from sickness - since they won't have stress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.