Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two new betta fish.. the last one i had i never really focused on but the new ones i have i take better care of then i thought i ever would.. they both are somewhat worrying me though.. the first one i got about 2 weeks ago(spaz) was almost dead.. his color has come back mostly but he starts to turn white sometimes.. and hes red.. i cant figure out why... well.. the other fish is neon blue (neon) and i got him a week ago.. he was completely blue for a few days but now he is partially brown and i dont like the looks of it... i know there is something wrong and i cant figure out what.. there in two separate tanks and i keeps the water clean and i keep them fed.. can anyone tell me if something is wrong with them? also i need to transport them 6 hours up to maine this summer and i really hope it wont be bad for them...

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes he does have lines... the tank is one gallon for the crown tail and 1.5 for the other one..
i change the water to help keep the water warm but i don't do a full cleaning of the water unless it needs it
And i have yet to get a good sense of how much each of them actually eat..
and the water conditioner is hard for me to replace regularly because I've been having money issues and the conditioner hasn't been at the top of my list..
sorry it took me so long to reply to this..

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay so i will definitely make water conditioner a main concern to buy it.. and i change the water like 25% every day.. but sometimes im to busy and its every other day.. :/ a full water change isn't something that i like doing because my crown tail gets visibly stressed out.. and ive yet to do one to my other betta..

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will say this.... the last betta i owned died after 7 years. not once did i do anything with the water... i was 7... it died when i was 14... the water in my house is not bad for the fish...

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am ordering water conditioner tomorrow as well as a heater and a bigger tank for the fish with a divider... i am going to take care of them because i am slowly learning the proper things to do thanks to this website so thank you :)

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the two fish now share a tank (with a divider) and they only freak out when i feed them.. well the little crowntail freaks at the bigger fish... kinda funny somtimes.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.