Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I went to see Jeff Dunham Live when he was at the Del Mar fair and while I was there won a goldfish at one of the games, thought I'd post about him here and also see how many others were lucky enough to win a little fishy. Sadly, little Jose (I named him after one of Jeff Dunham's puppets) didn't live longer than a couple days. :(. Anyways, here's a pic of him

·
Registered
215 Posts
I won a goldfish at a fair once YEARS ago when I first moved out to California. Didn't know much better and put it in a vase with the roomates betta till I could get it something better... ... It was dead by morning. >_< Your goldfish was really pretty, sad he passed away. But think of all the stress these guys go through. It actually surprises me when a fair fish survives.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I NEVER win games, so I'm not even sure how I won, but somehow I ended up with a goldfish from a small carnival. We had to do something with him, so we kept him in a large bowl and named him Jaws. Eventually he got too large for the bowl and we felt it was cruel to keep him in there, so we put him in someone's outdoor goldfish pond. Unfortunately he didn't make it long after that, but he lived quite happily in that bowl for around five years.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
My kids used to win those and we tried so hard to keep them alive but they only lived a couple of days so heart breaking and why I was so scared to get any fish till my daughter got me Perseus last year for Mothers Day. I read anything I could find about them and their care and so glad I did he is doing so great and I love him so much !!!! I would still like to get a Fancytail Goldfish maybe this Spring.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I won a carnival fish once but it didn't survive the car ride home. Those fish are always in very poor health. I noticed on carnival stopped giving out goldfish and had betta instead. GRRRRRR

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I won a carnival fish once but it didn't survive the car ride home. Those fish are always in very poor health. I noticed on carnival stopped giving out goldfish and had betta instead. GRRRRRR
that's probably for the best, though. bettas are much better equipped to live in the care of an inattentive and uneducated owner than a goldfish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.