Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love all bettas and these are only preferences.
I used to love halfmoons until I got my little veiltail boy. Now I prefer the asymmetrical look of the veiltail. I least prefer double tails. You?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I used to only like Veiltails, but as I've owned more tailtypes I've changed a bit, I still love my veiltail boy, but I'd have to say I most prefer HMPK's. I don't really prefer any least, I like them all.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I love my dt because I get the look of the beautiful full fins without all of that dreaded weight. I thought that I would love rt but after dealing with Brady's problems (he was sold as a hm) I think it's my least favorite tail type.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
It's a hard question for me. I think they're all great. I've been preferring VT's and HM's but I also really love the HMPK. I don't think I have a least favorite.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a deep and abiding love for halfmoons. I've had a really close delta tail, and my current very full halfmoon (he has some rose-tail going on) and both are/were active, personable fish. And gorgeous. Just so much pretty. This is an incredibly small sample size, though.

I think I least like crown tails, though that's not saying very much. That's like saying "I love chocolate, in all its forms, but if I had to choose between milk and dark chocolate, I'd usually choose milk chocolate." A well bred crowntail is a glorious fish.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Tailbiting with hm seems to be the only drawback I can come up with any types of bettas, although I haven't had much difficulty. Do vt and others ever tailbite?

With a vt and ohm already, I expect a steel blue plakat will be next when ready. I don't like one over the other, as I remind myself that when I compare things it often diminishes one. But prefer to avoid tailbiting again if possible.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
least favorite tail type-the ones that are nibbled down by their owner >.<
fav plakat (like those short fins).. least fav are ct and vt but if I found an interestingly colored one I'd look past tail type. Its not so much that I don't like the tail type, but they are what are most commonly at the lfs and most boring of colors (reds and blues) and usually clamped.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I really have a thing for delta tails, but all of mine have been tail nibblers. My two VTs have really grown on me like crazy though. I haven't had a CT yet, but I hope to someday...

My little HM boy is driving me wacko with his persistent tail trimming also, and I've found HM isn't really my type. Never been a fan of DTs or plakats either.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Tailbiting with hm seems to be the only drawback I can come up with any types of bettas, although I haven't had much difficulty. Do vt and others ever tailbite?

With a vt and ohm already, I expect a steel blue plakat will be next when ready. I don't like one over the other, as I remind myself that when I compare things it often diminishes one. But prefer to avoid tailbiting again if possible.
VTs do indeed bite. Chili, due to being cooped up in a tiny cup for his whole life retained that habbit.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I second that. My Rubbie mauled his fins to pieces. And he is a vt. I've even heard of plakats tail biting, although I really don't know how they could get to their fins. I guess where there is a will, there's a way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts