Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking for some opinions on what you and your bettas like best for decorations and plants. I've read a bunch of suggestions, but what do you think? I'm partial a couple of different styles, so maybe your opinions will help me choose.

Thanks!

J.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just looked them up and they're gorgeous. I've definitely seem silk replicas of each. Thanks for you input! :)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Anubias and Java Fern are easy to propogate and nearly impossible to kill. I prefer natural-looking tank decor, so things like cichlid stones, terra cotta pots, and driftwood pop up a lot in my tanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Things like that ^

And silk plants that are close to the side of the tank for him to squeeze between.

He really likes swimming through stuff, and that flower pot is no exception.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the little pot, Luxavior! Thanks for the plant suggestions, babystarz, but I'm definitely not thinking of keeping live plants at the moment. Silk's the way I want to go.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I love the natural look so I make my tanks full of plants and driftwood.

My favorite plants are dwarf hairgrass, java moss, marimo moss balls, lace & regular java fern, anubias nana petit, amazon swords, money wort, water sprite, rotala, crypts, jungle val, anarchis...I'll just say that I like pretty much all plants as long as their growth rate is moderate to fast and they do well in low light conditions. :)

I have gravel right now, but really like play sand or tan "natural" looking gravel for substrate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm finding myself drawn to the broken vase-type things. Does anyone gave any experiences with that style?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I'm finding myself drawn to the broken vase-type things. Does anyone gave any experiences with that style?
I have terracotta pots with the backs removed, giving it a 'broken' type look. I used sandpaper to smooth the edges, so they don't snag fins.

My guys love to swim through them, or rest in them.

My female, on the other hand, loves her homemade hammock. She prefers to hang out near the surface.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.