Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new "Roatan" is eating very well, and he is growing, yeah!

I'm just nervous about feeding him too much at once. He is eating Betta Buffet Pellets, and they seem a bit on the big side, I try to make them smaller with tweezers, and try to feed him less- more often, until he gets bigger.

The thing is, my other Betta, Larry Guerry seems GIGANTIC compared to Roatan... is why I think he must be very young.

I just hope he is getting enough to eat. His little belly never really looks "full", and he surfs the glass constantly, it seems. He seems very happy and very healthy, in his 10 gal. I just don't want to under feed him...

Looking for suggestions, advice, input....
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
How many pellets are you feeding him at each feeding (about)? I do think smaller feedings are good in the long run if you think he's young. he's adorable btw :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes he gets as many as 3 full size pellets at one meal, about 3X a day. Sometimes just 2 full size, 3X a day. Thank you, VivianKJean! I love his torquoise coloring, wonder what he will look like as he matures. I'm so excited, so attatched to him! Funny, I just noticed yesterday how his gill shows a little under his "chin", and I'm freaking out, what is that! Ha, I realized this is part of his gill showing. I think this is normal, right?

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I think you're feeding him enough. Just keep at it, he'll grow soon.

and yes, I'm pretty sure thats normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts