Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys can i feed my crowntail betta shrimp that we guys eat i mean the shrimp that we humans eat and how much should i feed.
IAL so i m an indian i stay in india and i have almond tree in my backyard and can i put fresh leaves like green leaves,i mean just picked from tree or dried almond leaves

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
It would be much cheaper to get frozen brine shrimp to feed your betta than human consumable sized shrimp (which you'd have to chop pretty darn finely for a small betta mouth, and they don't need much so most of the shrimp would go to waste/rot before it was used up (unless you're a breeder with a LOT of betta.. but still think frozen brine shrimp is easier and cheaper in the long run).

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I've never had access to fresh, only dry so I can't offer an answer to that specific question.
Dry works fine though, it may float a day or two but will sink, or you can stick 'em under decor/edge in substrate/whatever to keep it down immediately.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I would NOT use shrimp from the grocery store to feed your bettas. They may contain chemicals or other preservatives that are safe for humans but not fish. They need to eat real fish food.

You can use either fresh or dried IAF. If you access to fresh then use it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Dry is better.

You will not get the benefit of the tannic acid in the Indian almond leaves unless they are dried first. In nature, it's the dead, dried leaves that naturally fall into the water, not the healthy green ones. Green leaves wont be found in a blackwater stream.

If you have a choice of leaves, pick the darkest ones. They will have the highest concentration of tannins.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
We used to make are own food a while ago, when we had a lot of triggers and a couple groupers. All we did was get some shrimp, clams, and a couple other things and blended them up. Havent tried it with bettas though.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guys thnx for the advice and one more thing today i was changing his water and i moved him in a bucket and he was fine but after sometime his two of his fin were broken they were away from his body i thought it is anything else but when i put him back in his tank his caudal fin was missing what to do guys plz help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.