Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bettanewbie, Don't feel guilty, you've done a good thing to give him a loving home. We have a Chessie/Lab mix who has always had trouble meeting new people. Fortunately he has fewer issues with dogs. We were in the same situation and found that we avoided inviting people over because we didn't know how he would react. (Probably the wrong approach.) He was usually pretty good with people who showed absolutly no fear, but the least bit of heasitation could bring out the worst. So I sympathize completely, and commend your for rescuing your guy from a much worse fate.

If Casey is like our Chester he's the sweetest cuddliest thing one could imagine with the people he trusts. Just know that you've done a very good thing, even if Casey never completely socializes with people.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used one of those collars on Cody just ONCE and he yelped so loud when he pulled...never again. I'm glad they work for you, but I don't even use regular collars for walking my dogs..only harnesses. I don't like anything that pulls on their throat, and with the terriers there is little between the collar and skin. It's just my way.
Have you tried a "Gentle Leader"? it goes over the nose and fits high on the neck. Worked wonders for our two big guy, one 80+lbs and one almost 90 lbs. We eventually stopped using them because we didn't need them, but they were great when we were first leash training.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The sled's a great idea. I've thought about it more than once. I'm amazed at how expensive pet supplies are. You wouldn't think that a bit of nylon straping and a few metal rings would cost so much. However, if it works, and it did for us, it saves a whole lot of headache, which I suppose makes the investment worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.