Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Have you tried a "Gentle Leader"? it goes over the nose and fits high on the neck. Worked wonders for our two big guy, one 80+lbs and one almost 90 lbs. We eventually stopped using them because we didn't need them, but they were great when we were first leash training.
I have seen those! I will have to try one as soon as I can afford to pick one up! Hubby just started working again, so we have some catching up to do on bills. Thanks for the tip...If that doesn't work..I think I'll just buy a sled with wheels and let Cody and Casey take me for a ride lol.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That makes sense. Huskies have really thick fur so they don't feel it as much as a dog with shorter fur would.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Like I said, I only use a harness for walking my dogs. They only wear collars for their tags.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The sled's a great idea. I've thought about it more than once. I'm amazed at how expensive pet supplies are. You wouldn't think that a bit of nylon straping and a few metal rings would cost so much. However, if it works, and it did for us, it saves a whole lot of headache, which I suppose makes the investment worth it.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The sled's a great idea. I've thought about it more than once. I'm amazed at how expensive pet supplies are. You wouldn't think that a bit of nylon straping and a few metal rings would cost so much. However, if it works, and it did for us, it saves a whole lot of headache, which I suppose makes the investment worth it.
Absolutely! I can't wait till we are "back on our feet" around here.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you all so much for the support and advice! Hugs for making me feel a bit better!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Any time!
I know what it's like living with a fearful dog, it can be heartbreaking but it can get better, just takes time and patience :)
We just added a third rescue last Friday, and Casey is doing great with him! She had issues the first day of course, but now they play the most together. My other rescue Cody, who is Alpha male, hasn't accepted Leo as easily. He is not aggressive toward him, just more like, "Really, did we need him"?? lol

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.