Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a beautiful female betta that I would like to put in a community tank with some ember tetras maybe 6 or so. The female seems very passive. I was wondering if I should get another type of fish maybe a bottom dweller or would this be too many for a 20g.

Thank you! :)

·
Super Moderator
19,902 Posts
Is yours a 20 long or 20 tall?

Minerva was one of my best community tank Betta. She lived with Neon Tetra, Ember Tetra, Chili Rasbora, Pygmy Cory for mid-tank and Habrosus Cory for the bottom. This was a 20 long tank.

·
Super Moderator
19,902 Posts
That is a 20 high; a 20 long is 30" x 12" x 12".

If you can find Habrosus Cory, they are smaller than "normal" Cory. They strictly reside on the bottom and stay busy cleaning up leftover food. They are omnivores so will eat the pellets you feed your Betta and the other fish. All fish benefit from a varied diet so I would add frozen like Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp and Mini Bloodworms (actually mosquito larva).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also try to feed my fish a variety too! I try to think of it like 'I wouldn't want to eat the same thing every day so neither should my pets!'

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep! They sell 'salt and pepper' corydoras and they look like cory hasbrosus so thats good to know! They are so cute so I will definitely get a shoal of them.

Would Harlequin Rasboras be a good mid section shoaling fish to add with the other ones??

Thank you so much for all your help!! Ive definitely got a backup plan for it if she doesn't like the other fish

Yeah Im safe from the fires. We are getting lots of rain at the moment with the cyclone hanging somewhere around.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Coral lives in a 20 gallon, with neon tetras, hatchet fish, rosies, plecostomus, ghost shrimp, and guppies. Everyone gets along great. She is the most chill Betta. I love her to pieces! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts