Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My little female betta seems to be too small to eat even the tiniest of pellets. She always seems interested in them and tries to eat the pellets but they just eventually sink to the bottom because she was unable to eat them. I saw some flakes specifically ment for bettas at PetSmart today. The brand is BettaMin if anyone was wondering. Would these be good enough for her? Or is there anything else that I should try? HELP!

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Try crushing the pellets. What's the brand of pellets that you're feeding her? Pellets are better than flakes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have always heard that they were better, but I feel like i almost have no where else to turn to :/ I honestly couldn't tell you the brand, I ripped off the logo a while ago...my bad. BUT I do know that it is a very good brand because I looked up the brand before getting it and heard great things about it.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Maybe you can post a pic of the jar that it's in? Or maybe search in the trash can? XD

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd say that they're medium/large-ish. My male betta has no problem with them! I have been crushing them up for while now, but the problem with that is that they sink like the INSTANT they hit the water :/

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh man. well that's enough to scare me off from those flake. thanks! should i just stink to feeding her crushed pellets for now until she grows?

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
i had a teeny tiny female a few years back. i had to crush her pellets, then a nice breeder from another forum gave me a sample of New Life Spectrum Grow. not only are they itty bitty(like a fine sand), but they actually helped her beef up and grow so i no longer had to crush larger pellets. :3 it's about $11 or so for a jar of it off ebay and a little more on Amazon, if you can order pellets online.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ooo that's a good idea. i may just buy that new food. oh, and that looks like it's the right pellets!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
ZooMed - Top 4 ingredients....
1st Ingredient - Fish Meal, (remains/essentially organs & bones of processed fish)
2nd Ingredient - Wheat Flour (binder)
3rd Ingredient - Squid Meal - mashed squid offal of processed squid
4th Ingredient - Soybean Meal (binder)

I guess most of the Tetra & Top Fin foods are not so great either.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The only thing about the New Lift Spectrum Gro is it SINKS.

I have the New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula & they're too small.

NLS Small fish has 34% protein versus the NLS Grow's 50%

I think it work well when I'm feeding the sorority of bettas, but for 1, most of the bits will sink before the betta will get to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.