Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a pair of koi galaxy betta delivered a couple of days ago. The male and the female are separated and put in two different 5 gallon tanks. They both have floating plants, Indian almond leaf and sponge filter.
My male betta has been doing what i found online to called window surfing? Anyway, he has been doing that constantly. I tried adding white background on two sides of the tank to decrease reflection. but it didnt work. He has been doing that all day long. But he never flares. Then i remembered that he was flaring at the female from the packages that i got them in, when they were placed nearby. So i thought i would let him see her and see what he will do. So i scooped the female in a small transparent cup and placed her in the male tank. But she immediately jumped out of the cup. And when she swam near the male, he noticed her after a few seconds. And immediately started flaring and chasing her. So i scooped her back and put her in her tank. Both have similar water conditions and temperature. And then i went out and came back at night and was checking on them and then i noticed the egg spot on the female.. She has been with the male for maybe a minute. And this 5 monthold is ready to lay eggs.
And now im kinda worried. Im worried it will affect her health. I read that she will just reabsorb or drop the eggs. but i want to know if this will affect her health in any way. Should i do anything?

And the male, i dont know what to do anymore. i am just witing for him to settle down in a few days. Maybe he will calm down in a few days after he gets used to his new home.
Vertebrate Green Leaf Botany Terrestrial plant

Here's my female. She likes to rest on the almond leaf or sometimes the roots. And each day i will change up the floating plants. And each day she will be exploring among the roots and checking out the plants after i move them around the tank.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My female has a very apparent egg spot all the time, not just when she’s eggy. Anyway seeing her egg spot alone isn’t a reason to worry. And when a female is with eggs, you don’t need to do anything, they usually handle it on their own. All you can do is keep an eye on them and make sure that they don’t become egg bound (when a female neither reabsorbs or drops them). She’s very beautiful ! 💕

·
Registered
37 Posts
My female has a very apparent egg spot all the time, not just when she’s eggy. Anyway seeing her egg spot alone isn’t a reason to worry. And when a female is with eggs, you don’t need to do anything, they usually handle it on their own. All you can do is keep an eye on them and make sure that they don’t become egg bound (when a female neither reabsorbs or drops them). She’s very beautiful ! 💕
Also just adding that my earlier response is with the idea that your male and female have not mated 😉

·
Super Moderator
1,530 Posts
The male probably just needs some time to adjust to his new environment, many glass surf at first. For what it's worth, I have a male and female right next to each other and they can see each other all the time. No adverse health affects on either of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts