Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jupiter my betta stopped eating this week. I had her since she was a fry and she ate like a pig. This week she quit eating. I have a two gallon fluval tank that she is in. The aeration is a very slow drip stream. I added a heater and put 1/4 of diluted aquarium salt into her water. I had her water tested at Petsmart. All of the levels are fine. I put the heater and salt in this Wednesday and I have been monitoring her closely. She does not have anything on the outside of her body. She has been coming to the top of the tank when I stand there and blows bubbles but will not eat. What should I do? I'm out of ideas. Jupiter will be a year old in December.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
What is the temperature since adding the heater and what was it before? :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I added a new grass to Jupiter's tank this morning. Also, I moved my male betta named snow in a separate bowl next to her tank. The past few days Jupiter would not flare but she is flaring at snow. Snow has a laid back personality. I have only saw snow flare once since I got him. Snow keeps flaring at Jupiter which I was surprised to see. I'm going to leave snow next to Jupiter's tank for a few hours and then return snow to his original location. I feel helpless that I can't help Jupiter. I'm going to skip feeding her tomorrow and then feed her Tuesday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does she look particularly bloated at all? Or swollen in the tummy? My female veiltail releases eggs (and then eats them) every so often and stops eating around those times as well. The white dot you are describing sounds like this..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.