Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I know there are similar questions to this, but I haven't seen an answer that seems fits my criteria.

One of my betta fish's tank constantly gets a weird film on top of his water. He hasn't always had this, but just over the past few weeks. It starts appearing about a day after I clean his tank. He lives in a 2.75 gallon tank with a heater. He is acting and eating fine.

I'm confused because I have two other betta fish tanks (both are also in 2.75 gallon tanks) and they get the exact same treatment as my other betta (same tank cleanings, same heater, same food (at the same time), same area where their tanks are) but they haven't ever gotten the film on top of their water.

What do you think it is?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
It is a protein film. Don't worry, it is perfectly common and not harmful. Some tanks get it, some don't. If you don't like it, you can remove it by dragging a piece of paper towel across the surface of the water. :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Oh ya. Like Bombalurina said, it's just a protein film. I get those on my tanks a lot.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have a tank or two with that. I haven't been quite sure what it was (now I do :p) but it never seemed to be harmful. I have noticed that it only seems to show up on tanks that have little to no filtration/water disturbance.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
350 Posts
Is that what it is? It certainly is a pain. No matter how much of it I seem to scoop out there is always more. I can never seem to get rid of it completely

1 - 9 of 9 Posts