Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kno this is an old saw but im going to the pet store tomorrow and im asking for some advice on wat filter to buy if they have it.

I have a 5gal tank and I'm thinking a filter that's only up to 5 gallons - none of this 5-15 business or bigger - the one i've got almost ate him. But, I'm hoping I can find one I don't have to modify. I don't see the point of having a filter that i have to slide a piece of stocking over and have guck collect all over that.:-?

So, any suggestions on brands, etc.?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Most petstores don't have it, but Amazon does, the Tom Mini Internal filter. It comes with a spray bar also so no rapid current for your betta. With just a betta in a 5 gallon tank you can easily get away with a 1-3 gallon filter as well. The more you stock the higher filter capacity you need.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most petstores don't have it, but Amazon does, the Tom Mini Internal filter. It comes with a spray bar also so no rapid current for your betta. With just a betta in a 5 gallon tank you can easily get away with a 1-3 gallon filter as well. The more you stock the higher filter capacity you need.
Hmmm, a lil pricey but excellent reviews :) I may just have to make the upgrade. Good call, thx mate!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
No problem.

And compared to most filters you will be paying at least $20 for a good one, if not more. I always check Amazon and eBay before buying something in the store because 95% of the time I find it cheaper on those websites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts