Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have a Top Fin® Multi-Stage Internal Filter in my 10 gallon tank with platy and peppered cory cats. I plan on putting my female betta in there soon, but the flow from the filter is just a biiiiit intense right now, even on its lowest setting. The Platy have fun playing in the current but I'm concerned it will be too much for the small betta.

Any ideas on how to lessen the current?

This is the filter:
http://www.petsmart.com/fish/filter...-catid-300088?var_id=36-20868&_t=pfm=category

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
First see if the current is too much for your Betta. If she can handle it, some current is good for exercise.

You should be able to aim your spray bar to minimize current. Or drill more holes in the spray bar.

Strapping filter foam over the intake will also help.

·
Registered
280 Posts
+1 Hallyx.

If you have an airpump and tubing, you can put an inline air valve outside the tank near the airpump...to adjust flow. What I have become aware of recently, is the more fin, the less current, IMO. Of course, I have max fin on Zen, a halfmoon. He has to drag that finnage all over the place, so for him, lowest current possible. A female with less finnage may not need a low low current.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts