Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way I can I lessen the vibrations from the filter? It is causing the water to buffet her around and she is not a fan of it. The filter is a Tetra Whisper and my tank is 2.5 gallons. And in the past I've not used a filter and just done 50% water changes once a week and full changes once a week. I'm not sure what to do if there isn't a way to make the filter shake the water less.
Thanka

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Theres a bunch of threads on here that explain how to buffer your filter. Its fairly easy from my understanding.

·
Reference Team
706 Posts
Those filters (I'm assuming it's the in tank 3i type or such?) aren't too great. Doesn't filter the water well . You may want to consider an azoo palm filter . Better filtration and more control of the flow .

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi! Here is a link the the filter baffle sticky. I discovered the the bottle actually has to touch the surface of the water to be effective. If you are concerned with your Betta getting injured from the edges you can cut some airline tubing and slide it on the edges. After the initial curiosity my Betta just stays away.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'm going to return it and get one like you suggested. This was according to the label good for bettas and wouldn't cause the current. It is more like it just vibrated the water from the battery pack not so much from the water being filtered back out.
Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts