1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Actually, just a personal preferance, I hate that filter lol. So noisy and it slows down incredibly over time no matter how clean you keep it. Again, just my opinion but here is another option for small tanks that is extremely easy to set up and keep!

Azoo Palm

Granted, I realize this means you have to be able to order online but just in case you can, I highly recommend it along with many others here!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah I know there are some people who just have a preference to opt out. :p I really like the filter you linked, hmm might order one of those next time I get paid. I just keep seeing so many fin rot issues popping up. If newer fish-owners had some form of filter it would be a lot easier for them to maintain their cleaning schedule. They wouldn't have to change the water every day/other day.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I'm with lil - I hate the 3i and I love the palm :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up picking up the 3i because that was all they had at petco while I was out. I really wanted a sponge filter, but they didn't have -anything-. Ugh. I really want the palm, I love how it uses the sponges rather than carbon pads.

I did take all the carbon pads out of my filters and replaced them with sponges ;)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Yeah, it's like a mini AquaClear; fully customizable although you can customize any filter really. Even the 3i, you don't have to use those cartridges and just get some sponge to stuff in there -shrug-. But as I said, it's a pain when you can't order online either lol

·
Registered
627 Posts
I hate how noisy the 3i is, but I have one in a 1.5 gal and the guy in there likes swimming between the suction cups on the back. I think he thinks it is a funny looking plant.

·
Registered
354 Posts
you could always upgrade the pump. i use the Whisper 10 for my sponge filter and it isnt too bad. much quieter than the one that comes with the 3i

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
A DIY filter could be really good too - and much easier than you think to make. This one is using a 3 oz. spice bottle, but you could get away with something smaller or a taller, more narrow bottle, really anything. You could use this same concept and just use an airstone and a small pump outside the aquarium instead of the power head. If you can drill a hole, you can make this.
http://dramaticaquascapes.com/diy3ozspicebottlewaterfilter1.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts