Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lemon has been experiencing some great changes while he grows! He getting bigger every day; his fins are longer as well!

His color changed from a few pals irid scals on yellow with pale fins (slight black outline), to bright blue on black with bright yellowy-orange fins with a more definite black outline. I thought I had a pastel female, and I ended up with a Mustard Gas boy! Which I certainly don't mind.

Last time I posted pictures I was told he is HMPK. However his fins are growing so long, I'm wondering if he still counts as a plakat! I think they will get even longer than this, too.

pale, beginning to show maleness:

View attachment 396258

beginning to color up:
View attachment 396266
View attachment 396274
View attachment 396282

today:

View attachment 396290
View attachment 396298
View attachment 396306
View attachment 396314

Those fins. Those colors. Mele was supposed to be the centerpiece in my bathroom tank, but I think Lemon is stealing the show.

Sometimes, I just cannot believe this is the same fish that came in the mail a month ago. I remember pulling his bag out of the shipping box and thinking, "what an ugly little cutie!" Now I think he's gorgeous.

Do you think he is still HMPK, or are we crossing into HM territory here?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Lemon is gorgeous! It's amazing how they grow out.

One of my VT guys is going through the same thing - short fins, sold as a female, but he's made it loud and clear that he is indeed a male. :)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He pretty much looks like a hm ;)

I'm curious where did oh buy him or from who?
..what a change... GIVE ME HIM I have a soft spot for MGs
Haha!

The seller is friedbettas on ebay. Both fish (Mele and Lemon) arrived healthier than any bettas I've seen, both in-store and shipped. He only has a couple of fish listed right now, but there might be more MG HM -- you can always message him to find out.

I guess I can't call him my little plakat any longer :p But I really want a plakat. Maybe I can twist this into an excuse to buy a plakat... :lol:

@trilobite: tricky little bugger, isn't he?!

@fleetfish: do you have photos of the change? I'd love to see them!

glad you all like him :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
This also happened to my betta, Gajeel. He seemed to be short finned (not quite a PK, but I thought he was pretty close), and he was a DeT when I bought him. He has since grown to be a Rosetail. Not at ALL what I expected when I bought him.

It's amazing what bettas can do when they are given a good home ;)
Fin growth, marbling, and all around 180* changes is half the fun of buying a new betta, if you ask me :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.