Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OH NO! I got home today and realized that I think my Betta has fin rot!!! I did a half change and took all of the pointy objects out of his tank, Tomorrow I will do a full change and fully clean his tank under conditioned water. Than I plan to do half changes everyday until he gets better. Any advice would be appreciated, Honestly I feel bad because Its probably my fault for only changing his tank every 5 days when he is in a 2 gallon. PLEASE HELP!

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know that fin rot is caused by issues within the water, so it's most likely the cause of the owner not changing the water enough, but no harsh blame to you.
Multiple large water changes per day until the fins improve is the best thing to do for rotting fins, it's a natural method of healing before resorting to medications.
Some keepers like to use paraguard, or any antibacterial preventative in the tank when treating for fin rot. It helps prevent infections but is optional.

·
Super Moderator
22,958 Posts
Before we voice any advice on a Betta's condition we ask the form to be filled out as without it we are just guessing. We need to know all of that information. Look forward to helping you when we have the knowledge we need.

*I will add that he is a CT and sometimes it is difficult to tell whether he is biting or there is another issue so please refrain from using any meds until you know exactly what is going on. If you can get him to flare for you that would be even more helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts