Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,372 Posts
Your boy does appear to have fin rot. Take heart, though. It is not very bad. If he is already in the 10 gallon, a two-gallon water change 2 x weekly will help keep his water especially clean. I took in a Betta with fin rot worse that your boy's and all I did was the 2 x weekly water changes and kept Indian Almond Leaves or plain Rooibos Tea in the tank.

As long as he is eating and fairly active he should be fine. But if he stops eating or doesn't seem to have energy we'll have to up his treatment. I don't think that's going to happen; however, you need to know what to look for. If you want to get some frozen Bloodworms or shrimp I'm sure he'll be pleased. Many of mine haven't cared for freeze dried, either.

To also help, here is the Forum's cycling tutorial CYCLING: the two-sentence tutorial You will need an Ammonia test. I'd change at .25 ppm Ammonia or Nitrites instead of .50 ppm. Adding the old filter media was a great idea. You can rinse it either in treated tap water or old aquarium water.

Glad you found the Forum. We will do our best for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts