Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am very new to beta keeping. I have had my lovely boy, Kingsley since Tuesday and he is my first fish. I have him in a 5 gallon tank with a heater (76 degrees), air pump and filter, along with some live plants. He is a half moon beta that we got from a reputable local pet store. I am very overprotective of him and just want to make sure that the black edges on his fins are normal or if they are signs of fin rot. I hope they are natural color because the black is around all of his fins and doesn't appear to be ragged. Please let me know what you think so I can stop worrying about my precious boy. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
That is his normal coloring :)

For the recorded, if it was fin rot then you would start to see parts of his fins missing and it will literally look like his fins are rotting away. Also if you look at the photo you attached, the black coloring goes in quite a bit on to his fins. If it was fin rot the black would just be around the VERY edges.

It sounds like you are taking good care of your boy. He's gorgeous by the way :)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
He's actually a Double Tail! And it's natural coloration ^_^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.