Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I have a female crowntail and I noticed a few weeks ago the start of some fin rot possibly. However, I did not treat it because at that time my tank was having some problems with the nitrite and I was trying to resolve that since it was more of an issue for her than the fin rot. Last Sunday I added in 1/8 of a teaspoon of aquarium salt just as a precaution (her tank is 2 gallons and has a filter). By last Sunday the nitrite problems were resolved and the tanks parameters were text book. I checked the parameters today and they are still textbook. I examined the fin rot and it looks like there's white where it used to be. I can't tell if this is re growth or if it's more rotting. Advice is needed. Thank you!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rot affects mostly just her upper fin, you can see the faint white part of it on her right side of the upper fin. But on the bottom fin it is also rotting on the left side I noticed

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
I see no Fin Rot on her. Fin Rot will look like burnt edges to a paper; will be blackest black or very red and irritated. Just keep her water nice and clean and she'll be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.