Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah like I said I'm just overly cautious. I feel better about sealant if it's done professionally and done a long time ago rather than freshly done by me. But that's just me. I err on the side of caution.

Omg Fin is so adorable! This is gonna be one the BEST transformations on here! :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
You could buy a tube of clear aquarium sealant and smear it over the rough parts of the decor. It's good to go in the water within a few hours, iirc.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Alice is so pretty! I would have guessed it was a male plakat though!

Fin is getting really cute too. I am looking forward to seeing more of his progress. It must be dreadful being a fish with no fins. If they can be humliated, that ought to do it. They are growing in nicely. Any guesses what type of fins he will have? Plakat, veiltail..?

These rags to riches betta blogs warm my heart.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Alice is adorable. She looks like a love heart! 💜

Reactions: Kevinthefish

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thankyou, I'm abit in love with Alice haha. Her fins are quite long for a girl 😵😵

As for fin, I have nooooo idea but I'm so excited to discover what type he is. I'm going to guess maybe a veiltail. So hard to tell!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thankyou, I'm abit in love with Alice haha. Her fins are quite long for a girl 😵😵

As for fin, I have nooooo idea but I'm so excited to discover what type he is. I'm going to guess maybe a veiltail. So hard to tell!!
Alice is a looker for sure! :)
Tell little Fin he's got a whole community here cheering for him!
Pretty sure he would be long gone if you hadn't rescued him. God bless your heart, Kevin.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Fin is just adorable. Can't say I'm surprised to see one like him. 80% of my local petsmart's bettas look like him. So sad!

Glad he's in great hands! Lookin good, Fin!

Reactions: Phoenix777

·
Registered
348 Posts
Fin is just adorable. Can't say I'm surprised to see one like him. 80% of my local petsmart's bettas look like him. So sad!

Glad he's in great hands! Lookin good, Fin!
Look at Fin's face and expressions in the pics. Every time Kevin posts an update with pics, I crack up. Fin is just soooo cute :)

It's so sad to think how many deaths occur because they aren't looked after in the shops.
Too much suffering and pain 😭😭😭
Yeah, I agree. It really breaks my heart. I want to take ALL the sick/weak looking ones home, but I know I can't. :BIGweepy:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Haha he is pretty hilarious!!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Fins fins are growing

Firstly, the photos you see show a purple hue to his tail. Whilst this is true, in some light it shows up as a metallic teal and it's AMAZING. I will continue to try capture that colour so you can see.

Secondly, check out that fin growth! Whilst he has perfected swimming and balance without the use of fins, it's certainly nice to see them growing.

I use the end of a chopstick to feed him, and even from a distance, when I pick up the chopstick he goes NUTS!!!!!

He's been working on his bubble nest (although he does it covertly...I'm yet to catch him blowing bubbles). He enjoys patrolling the perimeter of his tank and interacting with people. He sleeps on his leaf hammock ❤

I so bad want to open up the other half of the tank to him to play in, but I need to be patient. I want to see a lot more Fin growth before I put him water where the filter has any pull.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
He looks great! Reminds me a lot of Chance. Keep up good work.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Firstly, the photos you see show a purple hue to his tail. Whilst this is true, in some light it shows up as a metallic teal and it's AMAZING. I will continue to try capture that colour so you can see.

Secondly, check out that fin growth! Whilst he has perfected swimming and balance without the use of fins, it's certainly nice to see them growing.

I use the end of a chopstick to feed him, and even from a distance, when I pick up the chopstick he goes NUTS!!!!!

He's been working on his bubble nest (although he does it covertly...I'm yet to catch him blowing bubbles). He enjoys patrolling the perimeter of his tank and interacting with people. He sleeps on his leaf hammock ❤

I so bad want to open up the other half of the tank to him to play in, but I need to be patient. I want to see a lot more Fin growth before I put him water where the filter has any pull.
Goosebumps! What incredible progress! :welldone:
:nicefish:
:yourock:

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is so great and you're so nice and awesome for doing this ^^

21 - 40 of 65 Posts