Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a little more than a year in wait I finally have my dwarf/pea puffer! "His" name is tentatively Joey, but that might change if "he" turns into a she... But I have him, and he's adorable, I'll post pictures just as soon as their done downloading! Just wanted to share this with you!

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
I <3 DWARF PUFFERS!!! :3 Not much as Oscars and Bettas, though. Still love them! How big is your tank? 10 or 15 gallons? Post pictures as soon as you can! ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I <3 DWARF PUFFERS!!! :3 Not much as Oscars and Bettas, though. Still love them! How big is your tank? 10 or 15 gallons? Post pictures as soon as you can! ;)
Me too! It's a 5.5g tank:-D I'm trying to upload, but technology is not my friend today I've already killed the mower and the GPS and I hope I haven't killed the internet yet...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I hope this works!

I'm still uploading more:-D

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
It's SO SMALL... CUTE! :3 Enjoy Joe while you can! I might steel it, I'm in Ohio. >:D JK! Lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Eeeeeek! He/she is so adorable I'm gonna die!! xD May I ask where you got him/her?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's SO SMALL... CUTE! :3 Enjoy Joe while you can! I might steel it, I'm in Ohio. >:D JK! Lol
Please don't! He's MINE! MINE I TELL YOU:) Lol!

Eeeeeek! He/she is so adorable I'm gonna die!! xD May I ask where you got him/her?
I know! I nearly died watching him eat his first snail! It was the funniest thing ever. I may try uploading a video of his first meal though. I got him from one of the LFS around where I live. It's called Aquarium Adventure. It is over priced and not the best quality, but it has the best selection and the only one around where I live that has DPs!

I'll add a few more photos:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
His Home:

Lots of Pictures of Joey:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Uggg I think I might have to convince my family for another 10 gallon and get me one of these cuties!! (Of course I would research first etc. etc.) But wow, they are so cute. I can't wait to see more pictures!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uggg I think I might have to convince my family for another 10 gallon and get me one of these cuties!! (Of course I would research first etc. etc.) But wow, they are so cute. I can't wait to see more pictures!
Or a 5g;-) If you got a 10g you could get 2-3 of them! Just make sure it's really planted!

PM me if you have any questions, I've researched a bunch and asked a lot of other keepers as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think I will have to wait a while until I have the space for another tank. :( But when I do I will gladly PM you to learn more about them!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I will have to wait a while until I have the space for another tank. :( But when I do I will gladly PM you to learn more about them!!
I'll be waiting:-D

I want him.
I wanted him too! And so I got him! LOL :lol:

Pea puffers are just soooo cute! I have an 8g hex I'm thinking of using with a few puffers. Just have to have a good source of snails to keep them happy.
You should! I'd do one or two in there! They are ADORABLE!!! I just can't stop watching Joey. And I have a 1g bowl that I'm breeding snails in, and a 12g down stairs that I have a whole infestation to get rid of;-) I don't think Joey will be starving anytime soon:-D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At my LFS, it's called Aquarium Adventure. It's not the best quality or best price, but it does have the best selection!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I called my local PTC about whether or not they had dwarf puffers. Instead of giving me a yes or no answer, they ordered 3 for me with the next fish shipment.

When I showed up at the store, they were NOT dwarf puffers. They were large leopard puffers. 3"-4" and only about $4 or $5?. 2 had their tails chewed off by who else, the most aggressive puffer.

I was like these are not the pea sized dwarf puffers.

These would have killed everything in my tank.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wow I might find my green Anole another bigger tank just to use his 10 gallon tank habitat for some of those puffers they are so freaken cute wow. I'm with you wildflower those little fella's are really something I'll prob do some research too haha.

How much did he run you down Aquakai?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@ktlelia: thanks! He's absolutely hilarious when he "hunts" his snails. Although I'm having a hard time finding out what he likes...

@MSG: that would be awful to experience! Getting your hopes up only to see the wrong fish. Hopefully you'll be able to find some:-D

@gn3ranger: a 10g would be great for three of these little guys;-). They're so worth every bit of effort put into them! And what do you mean by "run me down"?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.