Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I was asking about this, and no one really gave me the answer if it was fin regrowth or fin rot, I was able to take a way better picture yesterday so here it is:

This is moon, he used to live in a 1/2 gallon and he got fin rot then I treated him for 5 days with AQ a few months back. I got him this new tank maybe about a month ago? So now I had it for a month or less then 8 weeks, but he now lives in a 3 gallon, at the moment he has no heater because the one I ordered got lost in the mail and when it finally arrived in 2 weeks it was broken and they wouldn't give me a refund so I need to order another one from another place.

Is this fin rot, I have an extra 1/2 but I don't want to put him in there because he would get bored so easily and tend to bite his fins and I would always have to break him up from biting his fins like a dog.

I need answers asap, because his fins are all ragged & spiky I think they are getting longer, but I am not sure...? I need answers asap also because if it's fin rot he had it for a long time now?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you hold CTRL then press the "-" and zoom out, the picture is so much clearer it's just because it's zoom in some reason the image, and you'll be able to see it better.

When I put on the flash it doesn't work that good, I can never take a good picture of it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put a little salt in his bag when I was floating him after I did a 100% water change.

Well when he was in the cup it black I believe, but when the light is on it's 'clear' but it's big and a little brown?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have treated with salt maybe about a month a go, maybe 2 months ago? And I only did a 5 day salt treatment. I don't have a heater for him right now since the one I ordered got lost in the mail & took 4 weeks to arrive, when I finally got it the heater had a crack in it and the top was broken.

So now I need to wait till I can get another heater... And I don't want to put him in a 1/2 gallon because he will bite his tail if I put him back in the 1/2 and I just did a 100% water change yesterday because in the gravel it was filthy with poop, so I had to do 100% water change.

I usually do 50% water changes on my shower days, meaning every 2 - 3 days I will do a 50% water change, then on Saturday I do one more then for a whole week I skip and continue this progress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts