Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a betta named Pheata, and his fins have been clumping at the ends. I've tried to research what could be causing this, but I haven't been able to find an answer for only this particular symptom.

Housing:

What size is your tank? 1 gallon
What temp is or tank? 78°
Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta have? Some fake plants. Nothing living.

Food:

What type of food do you feed your betta? Pellets
How often do you feed your betta? 9 pellets twice daily

Maintenance:

How often do your perform a water change? Every 6 weeks
What percentage of water do you change? 50%
What type of additives do you add? AmQuel ammonia remover

Water perameters:

Have you tested your water? No

Symptoms and treatment:

How has your betta fishes appearance changed? His fins have started to clump together at the ends.
How has your betta fishes behavior changed? He hasn't made his bubble nest in about a week. Otherwise he is fine. He is active and he has a great appetite.
When did you notice this change? About a week and a half ago.
What have you done to treat these symptoms. Nothing yet, I don't want to over treat him, or stress him out more.
History of illness? None
How old is your betta? About a year old.

I appreciate any help I can get, I love my little guy, and I want him to be happy and healthy.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It looks like fin rot/melt from poor water quality. A one gallon tank should have three water changes a week, two 50% water changes and one 100%. He also should be fed only about two or three pellets at each feeding. Start him on 1tsp of AQUARIUM salt (not table salt) per gallon and change the water 100% every day. However this treatment can only be used for 7-10 days so if he isn't better by then, check back in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.