Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Update on my first spawn. They hatched on March 5th so they are 3.5 weeks old now and so far so good. I have been doing water changes twice a week but I am going to step it up now that they are getting so much bigger.
Tonight I counted 40... but there were 2 dead overnight... pretty good sized ones too so I'm not sure what happened! Water quality is good... a touch of ammonia but still in the safe range... .5 ppm Maybe I fed them too much? I have been feeding bbs mornings for a couple of days... then micro worms in the evenings. Then when I run out of bbs after a few days I feed only micro worms for a couple of days until the bbs hatches out again.
They are so terribly cute! They have their little fins and everything. :)
I will get some pics up tomorrow. They move so fast it is hard to get good ones but I'll go for quantity and I should get one or two that are worth sharing! ;-)

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm glad everything worked out.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Congratulations on your babies! MrVampire and a few others suggest daily water changes due to a hormone the babies secrete that inhibits the growth of other fry...if hormone is there, you will have a few fry that are much larger than the rest...
I've been feeding my orange polka dot fry banana worms and vinegar eels.

Good luck on your babies, I hope everything continues to go well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts