Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so another thing about me is I'm studying to be a meteorologist, and we're having the first thunderstorm of the year! We need the rain because its super dry here in Rapid City, we've had two wildfires in the city within the past 3 weeks. But anyways I love storms and this one has gone sever! Oh happy daaayss!! so I guess I'm just super happy about this :p Anyone else care to share their happiness at storms, or weather? I also love photos :p These pics are from last season but whatevers

Attachments

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
I adore thunderstorms but we never get any where I live. At the most, we get one or two big claps of thunder and that's it. We're nestled right between the foothills so the cities up there get all the action.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
One New Year's Day a couple of years ago (that's midsummer here in the southern hemisphere) we had an amazing hailstorm (broke some rooves) with a rainbow...I'll try and get a picture. :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Love thunderstorms! Great pics. I can't wait to get some here.

Had some big winds here today that blew over my son's basketball hoop. Missed my truck by inches.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
When I worked at the Grand Canyon, it was a great place for T storms. Not so much here, we get alot of warnings in summer but they always bypass this town.

eye level with the in comming storm clouds. Elevation: 7500 FT or is it 7100 FT? I dont remember but its the highest point on the south rim of the grand canyon. I think it hailed this day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts