Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fish died unexpectedly after a water change last night (RIP Krijger :cry:) My question is should I start the tank again?

Heres a little info on the cleaning haha
I had to clean my tank because of a dead snail (so obviously pretty high nitrogen compounds), I also added (cleaned obviously) new extra substrate. I dont know what killed him. I am very vigilant with the temperatures I am moving him between, I've lost many a fish that way as a kid, I made sure the QT tank and main tank were both 26C before transferring him back, so I'm pretty sure its not temperature shock.

Heres the stats on my tank:
60L Biorb
fully filtered
cycled
26C/79F
Live plants
Snail tank mate (now only 1)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been to the pet store to let my friend who's a fish expert see everything. My levels are all perfect and no sign of fungus on the fish. We've planned an empty cycle with the old water substrate etc with a course of melafix in case of bacterial disease...We think he night have eaten the decomposing snail because my ammonia levels are only.25 and there was no body inside the shell but he didn't have time to decompose and my ammonia levels suggest he didn't :( poor fish I'll post how I got on later, so anyone else who needs help can see how I got on:)
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top