Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was initially supposed to be 1 male betta has turned in to 4 betta's :shock: I checked my email on ebay to find the breeder has sent my fish which I will get tomorrow but has added an extra one and he isn't 100% sure whether it is male or female :shock: I am not complaining as I have only paid for the 3 but what if its male what will I do? lol

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, true but my mother only thinks I'm getting two :lol: luckily I bought a big enough fish tank yesterday to divide lol

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Haha! I would have the exact same problem if it happened to me LOL!
I have 2 fish coming and had to buy tanks as it was. I don't have any divided tanks so there's 1 filter, 1 heater and 1 light plug for each one... I'm running out of outlets!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have run out of outlets, I'm using three extension cables as it is lol. The thing that I am worried about most though, is that if the breeder has put the apparent male in with the females then I may open the box tomorrow to a blood bath :-(

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The same breeder I got my last two fish from so its gonna be like a family reunion lol.

I have a pic of the male but not the females as they weren't actually on ebay for sale, he just told me about them, they are apparently red and a marble cellophane as for the "male" i'm not sure what that one looks like, I shall post pics if they all arrive in once piece :lol: << thats a nervous lol btw haha

Attachments

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
He's stunning!
Love the white rays over the red and his masive fins!!
I don't have a breede's eye, btw. I just appreciate a beautiful fish and keep mine as pets.
You must be jumping out of your skin waiting for you fish!
I know I am, I'm expecting mine next week... since like forever since I paid for them!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know I only ordered him Monday and it feels like I've been waiting weeks lol I just hope he turns up looking like that and didn't decide to bite his fins on the way here lol.

Your fish are gorgeous though, I LOVE the green and white one you have :)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I guess fin bitting is a fear for a lot of us lol!
I would hate to see my fish nipping on his beautiful fins.
My first fish did it after I placed him in a divided tank and I was so mad at myself! That's why I don't do divided tanks anymore, I rather save them the stress of having to get used to tank mates.
THANKS! I got my marble guy from Petco. I remember going and being very impressed that they had a green/white marble HM. I walked out of the store that day without him because I had another 2 males at home but my mind kept going back to thta little marble guy... so I went 2 days after and I was so happy he was still there!
ATM I only have 2 males and 2 females, in a week it'll be 3/3 when I add my fist online purchase!!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to do a divided tank but decided against it, I just put my RT in with my RCS instead, which I wasn't pleased about but all of them seem to still be alive lol

The only betta's they sell in fish stores with us are CT or VT and I'm not a fan of either really lol

I was the same with the RT I saw on ebay, I hadn't used ebay before in my life so I didn't know what to do but I kept thinking about him and decided what the heck and went for it lol. To think we could both be bettaless right now haha

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
LOL Yeah!
I would love to succesfully divide a tank but after my experice, I rather not. I would hate going through it again after getting all the setup and supplies. And then having to nurse a fish back to health.
Ebay is pretty safe as long as you use a secure payment method and read the sellers feedback.
I almost bought a 5 gal tank last week that I'm pretty sure the seller was shill biddingl. There only other person that was bidding besides me had a feedback of 0 and the seller had no feedback as seller, only as buyer.
I pulled out of the bid as soon as I noticed. Would've been a good deal but sometimes ebay turns out to be too good to be true!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts