Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Tao: Butterfly Halfmoon, Ivan: Kitty!, Firefly: TB Horse<3
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm breeding bettas next summer because we're moving.

We're moving from Northern to Southern Virginia and I went to see the house today! It was amazing IMO. It has these cute little quotes on the wall in cursive with the same color of the wall in each room. Like: 'Happiness: [insert definition here]. It was awesome, there was 5 acres with a barn, a 'man cave,' and a bunch of cool rooms and such. I asked my mom if I could have a fish room, like instead of the stupid mancave. Sorry-those things are just stupid.

She said we'll talk about it, but I'm excited. Especially since if I breed the bettas in my room, I have a closet with a bunch of shelves to put the jars in.

Quick Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjAWHJt314E

Anyways, I just thought I should share that, now:

When I do breed, what kinds of bettas would you like to see? I need a pattern and coloration to strive for. I'll try em next summer.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DANG IT! Thank God I didn't put the house code up o-o, it's hilarious.
I'll put that with all the suggestions I get and put up a poll, I'll breed the one with the most votes xD. But that sounds really interesting! o-o

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You can make some legit paper with EE's probably... you might want to contact an area fish shop and see if they'll sell for you :3
I will look in EVERY HOUSE IN VIRGINIA!! #Liamneeson

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm going to strive for IBC standards xD and attempt to show after a few years of making the 'line.' But I'm leaning over to the butterfly EE idea, I even took 3 pages worth of notes of the standards and drew a little betta diagram c:. What colors of butterfly? Maybe when I breed I could ship one to you if you have any room next year xD. But then you'd know my address.

AND NEVERRRRRR ;U;

edit: whoa look at this guy http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/09/c8/78/09c87824762dddaeb4015ee0be64f6e6.jpg

what if I made one of those? O-O

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YUS! I've always wanted a black and white, I'm probably going to do that. I made a little pattern diagram thingie of what I want to get [Looks so hard though ;-;]:

I need to do this ;-; -whips out punnett squares-

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dunno :p I just drew that one quickly, hopefully if I want one that long I could just find some long dorsal halfmoons o-o.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Like length on the body, not length away from the body. That makes no sense goodness. Look at the dorsal on Atlas in your pic, see how short the area is on his back where the dorsal comes from? On DT's this extends almost all the way to their caudal. That's what I'm talkin about.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yus but if I mixed a DT with a HM it wouldn't look too good though? xD unless you mean like breed the DT out later but then I'd breed the dorsal out too probably.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
xD I'll worry about dorsals later, I'm not going to be able to get IBC standards for YEARS, maybe never lol.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well yes, I atleast want the 180 degree caudal o-o. I neeeeeed it. I have a weird fetish for that. xD But I'll be happy regardless if my first spawn is healthy and successful.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah but I read somewhere that HM's are like really crossbred and have some different tail genes in them o-o. Oh well it'd be interesting to see a Crowntail come out of an HM spawn lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.