Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've got a few more Bettas that need homes soon!

I ship through USPS generally on Saturdays, Monday's and Tuesday's (if I can get to the office). Shipping is $8 for continental US only. For those who want, I can label "Hold at Office" and "Live Fish" on the box if you want the box to be held at the post office; this is good for very hot days so the fish doesn't bake in the sun on your porch! So please mind your weather!

Steele is a rescued VT, he is a fin bitter but does very well in a community tank! He's been tested with Ghost Shrimp, Cherry Barbs, Platies, and Neon Tetras and he's done very well, never harmed anything! He is a steel coloration and hence his name. He does not like to be around or see other Bettas so he's best in a highly trafficked area or in a community tank.
$2 dollars to adopt him.
(when his fins were shorter, no it is not fin rot, just clear regrowth which is reflecting the darker background)

Tiger is a PetCo impulse purchase, a Black Orchid DTHM! He is good in a community although will flare at larger fish if they get in his bubble but generally does not harm other fish, even territorial ones. He's okay in a divided tank but will be better by himself or in a community tank, tested with Ember Tetras, Golden Dwarf Barbs, Otos, C. Habrosus and snails.
He is $10 (originally $16 from the store)
This is what he looks like stressed out and hence his name.

He looks like a whole new fish all colored up! Even marbled a little bit!

River Song is a PetCo baby, she's still a juvinille and needs the extra care that I can't provide at the moment. She's small but very strong, good in a community except with other territorial fishes so keep to regular schooling fish if you want her in a community.
$1.50 for her

·
Registered
136 Posts
I didn't know that third picture of Tiger was... Tiger. They're all gorgeous! I really wish I had the room for all of them... Though I say the same thing when I go to the pet stores and see them all in those tiny cups all sad. If only I had the space! And money for a larger tank!

Best of luck and I really hope you find lovely homes for these little guys!

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pendulum!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Sigh if i had the money and space for a seperate tank i would have loved to take Tiger.
Good luck in finding homes for them

·
Registered
988 Posts
Not to take this off topic - but WOW, Tiger is stunning. I can't believe those are photos of the same fish. So tempted...

Hope they find good homes!

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, thanks Mame! He really is something spectacular isn't he?!

These guys really need homes soon! I'm breeding and I can't keep them in their own small tanks, too much maintenance (and no I can't go buy a 10 gallon just for them, I'm already in trouble with my mom for electricity!) If not....I think I'm going to have to give them to my LFS, they're good with their fish but I'd still rather see them get adopted here!

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I'm also willing to trade for plants I don't have! Currently on my list that I have:
Java Fern, Anubias, Anacharis, Frog-bit, Pygmy Chain Sword, Crypt Parva, Crypt Wendtii, Myrio Mattongrosene, Mryio Red, Parrots Feather, Water Wisteria, Water Sprite, duckweed, cyperus helferi, Golden Llyodia.

Plants I'd like:
Crypt Petchii, Alternanthera, dwarf water lettuce, cyprus helferi, four leaf clover, Crinum Calamistratum, or Crinum Natans, Lilaeopsis Mauritiana, Limnophila Aromatica

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Stunning fish. If only I had the room/ money to take them or rescue some myself

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Blue

Alright, I'm sick of people not being serious about adopting or can't. If you can't and aren't serious about adopting them, please do NOT pm me about them!

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh that would be awesome because she hasn't had any nibbles yet! I'll let you know ^_^

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks!! I will either buy another 5.5 gal. Or house her in a temporary 2.5 gal for a few weeks and do daily PWC's. Either way she will be moved into a bigger tank ASAP. And my wife and I are both getting addicted to Bettas LOL. she has been wanting to get a female since we got our 3 year old his HM male. I am a Betta enthusiast from WAYYY back LOL but my wife never had Bettas before so I got her hooked LOL! We were actually planning on getting a Female Betta next but I told her about Patriots situation so she agreed to adopting him and I told her our next Betta will be a Female. River Song looks BEAUTIFUL and I am SURE my wife would LOVE to have her!

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fantastic! Yes, I've been keeping up with your kid's tank and such! I'm glad you're back in the hobby!

A word of warning though, River is a PetCo baby fish; that means she may only live to around a year. You know those baby Bettas that PetCo sells? Well often they end up stunted or died early. My oldest PetCo baby survivor is just over a year old now, he's still hanging on but he's rather tatty looking and I'm not sure just how much he's going to hold on for.

There's still a good chance she'll be just fine, but I didn't want you to walk into this blindly is all!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh thats okay, worse case scenario, she lives out her days in the best possible conditions she can get! At least the best I can provide! I appreciate the heads up though! A lot of people wouldnt have bothered! But yes, I will contact you soon about her! I am glad I got back into the hobby as well! Im always on the lookout for a hobby both me and my wife enjoy! Im very happy with how much she enjoys Betta fish too! It has definitely been something we both took to and its great that we get to enjoy it together! Ill be getting Patriots set up tomorrow like I said and after we get him all situated I will get ahold of you to make arrangements to purchase River. Very much so looking forward to adding her to our quickly growing fishy family lol

·
Registered
988 Posts
Just curious...is Tiger still available? If so, would you possibly be willing to reserve him for me for a week or two? I really like him, but don't have any free tanks at the moment - but should once my 20g tank is cycled. :) He'd have a nice heated and cycled 2 gallon to start, and may either get moved to the 20g or get a new small tank, depending on how it works with my other bettas...

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had one nibble but they haven't gotten back to me in a week so if they still haven't responded back to me at the point you will take him then he's yours ^_^

---------------------------

Steele is being adopted along with my Tiger Endler, some Myrio and a water sprite plant.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Great, thanks! :)

I noticed that you have myrio plants listed under the plants that you have. Do you think you'll have any extra cuttings for sale? I'm especially interested in the red myrio. Would be nice if I could potentially buy two things at once, if I do end up being able to adopt Tiger. :)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sure! Some of my Red Myrio has some algae on it if you don't mind it, a bit of hair algae and dust but nothing to serious. But yeah, the Red Myrio is $4 and regular green is $3 a bundle so you can get what you want. I should be able to fit around 3-4 bundles in the box with the one fish in the box :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
As long as its not anything invasive or impossible to kill, I don't care, lol. I'll probably be interested in a bundle of the red...maybe one green too. :) Will probably be able to buy the fish and plants within a week, actually, since my 20g is making good progress. :)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do use Excel so I'll try to rinse off all the algae I can so hopefully it doesn't come back if you don't use Excel. high lighting is needed to keep the plant red though, otherwise it will just turn a dark green.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.