Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My betta died. but I am looking to clear the tank of all parasites! I thew out the gravel but couldn't part with the plants.. I put a lot of hot water in and then have been dissolving A LOT of salt. more than a fish could survive in. I don't have an exact measurement since I was on a vendetta for the Ich killing my betta. I just sorta poured a lot of aquarium salt in. to the point where the water is iridescent with the amount of salt. Is it ok to clean it out and introduce my other betta. He needs a tank upgrade anyway and since Agamemnon died I figured I could save some on buying another tank. Should it be ok?

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, ich cannot survive for very long without a host. So if there are no fish in the tank, the parasite should very quickly die.

I would assume the measures you have taken thus far would certainly be enough to kill any parasites that are remaining. I personally use hot water and white vinegar to 'disinfect' tanks, and then leave them to completely dry out before refilling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts