Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am quite new to Betta keeping.

I have a few simple questions.

Is it bad if male bettas don't flare?

How can I get my betta to flare?(I've tried the mirror trick)

I have seen him flare before, I moved quickly in front of his tank and he flared at me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
No it's not bad, I don't really now any other tricks to get him to flare. If you want him to badly, then I would try leaving the mirror against the side of the tank so he gets the allusion that there's another fish living next to him.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My male never flared in his life that I saw, and I don't think it affected him negatively at all. Some are just more laid back than others. If he's swimming around the tank, that's all the exercise he needs.

If the mirror doesn't work, maybe try playing a video of another male on your phone/computer/etc and putting the screen up against the glass? Seeing a betta that looks nothing like himself might make him flare.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have never had any problems with flaring. my baby, who is about 1 1/4 cm flares at everything. he loves to role out of his fav plant and flare at his rock, every morning, no matter if the rock stays where it is through all the décor changes. he only ever does it to that rock, and only every for a sec

1 - 4 of 4 Posts