Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aquarium plants that produce flowers?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Alot will if you let them grow up and out of the water, some will throw "flowers" in water but it's not really common to happen. Apongaton will sometimes go dormant if you let the flower go until it's done, I cut them off to keep that from happening when they come out.

There are also tons of riparium/vivarium plants you can plant in your hop or on the side of your tank to give it a flowery, beautiful look.

Google images - (there are NOT mine)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wholly crap, I wish I could have a tank like that lol
If there are any fish in there, those are some lucky fish :)

Thanks for all the help so far

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are some good plants for a 2 gallon that you can find at petco or petsmart?

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Do you want low maintenance plants where you don't really need to do much but maybe trim a dead leaf off every now and then? Or do you want plants that are going to require regular pruning as well as appropriate lighting/possible supplemental fertilisers etc.

If you want low maintenance I would be looking into Anubias nana, java fern, java moss and possibly cryptocoryne as well.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deffinetly low maintenance lol

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Smaller varities of anubias such as anubias nana are always a good option then. Several of them tied/glued to a smooth rock or piece of driftwood always makes for a good centrepiece and if you regularly do large water changes, it's very easy to remove without disturbing the plants.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts