Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Fluval Spec V Aquarium to house a betta and I'm puzzled by the location of the output nozzle.

I started setting up aquariums 40 years ago when you put the angel hair and charcoal in a plastic housing, stuck an air tube in it and placed it firmly in the corner of your tank. Later I "upgraded" to a foam filter and loved that simplicity.

But this Fluval Spec V has the water reaching the filter from the TOP of the aquarium, basically skimming the water surface, then shooting the water back out through a nozzle at the TOP of the tank.

Now, I have great respect for the legendary Fluval company. Back in the day, they were a German manufacturing company making the finest outside filters you could buy. I eventually bought a system for a 55 gal. aquarium and loved the industrial design of the filter. But, I can't see how this Fluval Spec V setup is going to keep my aquarium water filtered efficiently. And here's my question: for those of you who have this set-up, where do you point the nozzle for the best results?

Rick and Ralphie (the beta)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Modfish,
thanks for the tip; I never thought about Youtube.

Olympia,
I currently have mine pointed to the glass and up to break the surface tension.
BTW, how often do you rinse out your filter sponge?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I've only had the tank for two weeks so I haven't yet. :O The filter compartment is so tiny and annoying, I probably won't clean it very often. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.