Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My water started to get foggy so I did a few decent water changes but is keeps coming back and I'm scared to leave my fish in it I dont know what keeps causing it. It is a 5 gallon tank. And my other tanks (10g , 3G, 1g) seem to be doing ok, just my five g. In the last photo you can kinda see the trail left from my snail. Recommendations??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long has the tank been set up? Does it have a filter? Has anything changed recently?

It doesn't not have a filter Iv been using it as a breeder tank when I mm wanting to. Iv taken a break from breeding so it just been sitter there with one betta and one sucker forget the name of it's important I can prob figure it out. Not going to lie was going though a though time so I slacked cleaning the tank for like two months not cleaning it as much as I needed to just a quick siphon when I could. Just recently like a week ago I did a prober water change and scrubbed the take with my fish tank scratchy with hot water and this started was there a few days later so I did another partial water change and it came back again. Iv had the tank for prob about a year total and never had this prob before now. I thought I read about a alge bloom when I first bred my fish. Could this be it??

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My water started to get foggy so I did a few decent water changes but is keeps coming back and I'm scared to leave my fish in it I dont know what keeps causing it. It is a 5 gallon tank. And my other tanks (10g , 3G, 1g) seem to be doing ok, just my five g. In the last photo you can kinda see the trail left from my snail. Recommendations??

This is my other tank to show what I'm use to

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would recommend a filter first. It seems from the pictures it has a lot of partials in the water. A filter would probably take care of it within 24 hours. Have you tested the water, and if so what are your readings like? I don't see substrate in the tank so that doesn't seem to be the cause.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts