·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey its my third Post !!!

What is the best food for plakat betta fish

Some people said the live food is best such as Microworm and else

Some says commercial food and specially NLS and Omega only

My question is live food comes with some disease not my own experience read out in net by some betta expert

Some said commercial food cause SBD and other also
Some advice only NLS and Omega pettle

Right now i am feeding my Plakat betta two pettle of Hikari Bio Gold Betta pettle and dried blood worm.

Is it Okay for my Plakat Betta ????

Or i have to change my betta fish ???

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My bettas eat new life spectrum pellets every day, frozen brine shrimp, live microworms and frozen daphnia two or three times a week and bloodworms once in a while.
If you want to give dried bloodworms as a treat you can soak them in tank water for a few minutes. Dried foods can cause constipation and other problems. A very good commercial food should not have things like wheat and dye in them. Those fillers are what causes too many diseases in bettas.
If you want to feed some live food you can grow it yourself so you know it has no diseases.
I have lots of weird things in my refrigerator and my kitchen. Lol

·
Reference Team
7,703 Posts
NLS pellets and Omega One are pretty much complete nutrition. Your Betta can live a healthy life with nothing else. If you're ordering online, see if you can get Northfin Betta pellets from Canada -- absolutely the best.

There is a gel food that comes as a powder that you mix yourself. It contains no fillers and is very high quality. It's called Rapashy Meat Pie, and it is excellent for Betta.

Hikari is not as good. Look up the ingredients list, you will see what I mean.

Mosquito larvae is a wonderful live natural food that you can grow yourself in season. (You may have a long season there.)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I forgot about mosquito larvae, it's been a long winter. They're easiest of all to grow and they can stay outside, away from the human food.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Wait, mosquito larvae granules!? So, are these pellets or something? What a great idea! Take something no one in the world wants and turn it in to a "nutritionally complete" kibble and convince everyone its better for thier betta than the real food its supposed to replace.
I'm sorry, I find this hysterically funny for some reason. Why would i buy mosquito larvae?! The darned things are the bane of human existance, its not like they're rare or anything.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello
Can anybody suggest me from where i can buy this commercial food for betta as the above food not available in India

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wait, mosquito larvae granules!? So, are these pellets or something? What a great idea! Take something no one in the world wants and turn it in to a "nutritionally complete" kibble and convince everyone its better for thier betta than the real food its supposed to replace.
I'm sorry, I find this hysterically funny for some reason. Why would i buy mosquito larvae?! The darned things are the bane of human existance, its not like they're rare or anything.
Insects are part of the Betta's natural diet. Therefore it might be beneficial. I have not been able to find a nutritional analysis of the larvae pellets though.

It makes me wonder what betta breeders in asia feed them while raising them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 5 years' experience in raising mollies and I think the best food for them is brine shrimp because it contains a lot of pigments that help your mollies maintain its beautiful colors. it also contains a bunch of nutrition that helps mollies have an excellent immune system and a good digestive system. My mollies eat brine shrimp two or three days per week and it seems that they still remain the beautiful colors and stay healthy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.