Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! It seems like each time Griff eats, he gets a pretty large stomach. The example photo is only feeding him 2 pellets. That's it...I've read that this might be cause because of the quality of the pellet. So...can anyone recommend a good quality food for Griff and where I would get it? And also, approximately the cost if you know it. I'd appreciate it so much!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
It's possible your fish has a tendency for bloating that has nothing to do with the food you provide.
Just like people, some fish will have this kind of problem from the time they are born.
I had a fish who would bloat all the time and he will just get over it by the next feeding. I would give give a little extra care by making him flare daily which helped him pass his constipation.
I use Attison's Betta Pro which I buy online from the IBC website which is currently down because we're getting a brand new one! I don't remember how much it costs either under $5 or under $7. I do buy a few at a time to save on shipping.
For pellets sold in store, check out New Life Spectrum Betta Formula. Has very good Protein levels and ingredients.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Like any food that goes in our bodies, you look at ingredients followed by nutrition labels > fancy packaging.

Always used to feed pellets but have recently converted over to Omega One Betta Buffet Flakes (my bettas love it) as the top 3 ingredients are White Salmon, Black Cod and Seafood mix (Krill, Shrimp & Rockfish)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts