Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My betta fish has been being fed "North Fin" or something like that (I took the food out of the package and put it in a little tupperware container) since I got him. I don't believe I have heard anything about this brand but he is super active and seems happy. I always see people recommending different pellets and I just wanted to clarify the healthiest variety of food :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean Top Fin? Their pellets aren't any good, since they're basically full of fillers. Same with Aqueon's pellet food.

The best betta food that is recommended on here is Omega One, which can be gotten for $4 at Petsmart, I believe. I remember bring told that New Life Spectrum was also a good food, but I haven't seen a single review on it.

Some people also add bloodworms into their betta's diet, as a treat. If you also wish to, don't get freeze-dried bloodworms, since those can cause bloating and have lost most of their nutrition from being freeze-dried. Try to get live or frozen.
It is called North fin, I looked it up after I posted ahah and yes, i've heard of Omega One but it is like $9 at my local pet store (Big Als) :| The pellets also look way too big considering they are going to expand :-?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oooh, I guess I should've searched up the brand name before assuming it was a different one.

I have a question though; I remember seeing on a tumblr blog someone asking a question about if they could feed their betta beefheart. The person then replied no, since beefheat was extremely high in cholesterol and bettas are designed to eat insects, so they should stick to insects. So, does cholesterol affect fish? How often do you feel it?
I have absolutely no idea! I have never even heard of feeding beef heart to fish :lol:

Ask user tankman12, he seems to know a lot about food!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts