Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I completely agree BettaSlave! I'm already mapping out my little video segment and I'll probaly be adding some interesting effects here and there to keep it light hearted and fun.

Oh, that reminds me. People making videos, listen up: I would love it if you could add some of your personality into the videos. Don't let them get boring, or dull, or hard to follow. If you are up beat and hyper, make your video reflect that. If you are serious and need to get a point across, do so. These videos are directed towards people who know little to nothing about betta care, and we don't want to scare them away with long and boring videos about how much work betta keeping is. Sure, stress the responsiblities of fish keeping, but make sure you highlight how awesome bettas are as well :)

I can't wait to see how these turn out, and to see what different video making styles we have. Good luck guys (and girls)!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm new to betta fish but I've made some youtube vids before so I could do one :]

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I'm working on the breeding tank set up and, Bettagirl, if you're not doing the breeding, I could do it.

I'm going to start on the breeding tank setup after my horse-riding lesson :)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
okay, here are more possible topics: sororities, betta fish compatablility (please be sure to go over how the possible tank mates depend on the tank size and betta's personality), Buying bettas (from stores, a breeder, and online), What to look for in a healthy betta (this sort of ties into buying bettas. the two people who do "buying bettas" and "what to look for in a healthy betta" will need to figure out how the videos will be done without saying too much of what the other person is saying) Different types of betta colors, Different types of betta tails, and Betta Medicine ( when you do this, try to cover also the basics like clean warm water, aquarium salt, etc)

BettaGirl: yes, please do, but try to state somewhere in your video that breeding will take a lot of time and energy)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
It seems like everyone's got the good info, so how about the rest of us who want to add something just makes videos showing off our happy, healthy fish? Also, people with sick fish could make videos showing them off and describing the illnesses. For me, I could do one on my tumor boy. Tail biters could film their fish that bites, and maybe compare it to a fin rot case? In my situation, I might actually be able to catch the biting on tape... So on and on.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Peaches: of course you can ^_^
BettaSlave: that's fine by me :D

CodeRed: awesome idea :), feel free to do so~

Alright people, if you want to do sororities, betta fish compatablility , or Betta Medicine feel free to grab it if you have the time. Once again, if you have an idea, tell us :D

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Do we have a youtube channel for this? Just wondering..I can do breeding and product reviews!

ALSO, anyone who wants to do breeding they should, not just one way. Each person has their own way and it's important to show them.

And can someon PM me on how to upload vids from an ipod nano?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I set up a user account called BettaFishInformation on youtube, so yes we do. Product reviews is an awesome idea, though you might have to do a good bit of research on other peoples' opinions on the stuff you review as well. When you say breeding reviews, what do you mean by it?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I set up a user account called BettaFishInformation on youtube, so yes we do. Product reviews is an awesome idea, though you might have to do a good bit of research on other peoples' opinions on the stuff you review as well. When you say breeding reviews, what do you mean by it?
I mean like, lets say breeder 1 breeds and raises fry this way but I breed and raise a different way.

So if anyone wants to post a vid on breeding they should be able to, because each video may have some good tips.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I can do a video on decorating a betta tank :)

Like which decorations and plants are safe and unsafe, and how to check if a plastic plant is too sharp, etc.

21 - 40 of 199 Posts