Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I think you'll need root tabs. That's pretty much enough ferts for it. Liquid ferts aren't good for plants that are buried into the substrate, better for floating or plants tied of objects.

QT them for around 1 ~ 2 weeks, you can QT longer if you want to. How much natural sunlight will it be getting? I think if you get 8 hours of sunlight for this plant it'll do fine during QT. No water changes are needed during QTing plants.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
TYVM
I do plan on planting the plants. How many times should I give the root tabs?

Id be placing the QT tank directly outside. The front patio receives a great amount of light.
Root tabs, be sure to bury them deep! I've had issues where I didn't bury the root tabs deep enough and when I vaccummed the gravel, all hell broke loose. The instructions usually state to place a tab every 6 inches. However, I do not follow the directions because it will likely cause a major fert OD and lead to algae. So, now I add a tab per root feeder and make sure to always have at least 6 inches between tabs. I would put a new root tab every 3 months, you might forget, but every 3 months or so will be a good time to place new root tabs.

Also, make sure the temperature outside is comfortable for your plant, don't want it dying on you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.